 General / 9317
Re: Magic Trick / lego Technic "class"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 09:42:55 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message <38193bcf.12068213@lugnet.com>...
Anyway, a really fun experiment that kids and adults alike seem to enjoy is
simply to hook two 9v motors together with a regular connector.  Then turn
one motor and watch the other one turn in perfect a mimic.  It's really
amazing how energy-efficient the LEGO motors are.

I discovered that about two weeks ago...

I was working on my LEGO based laser light show using two motors and silver
anniversary bricks as mirrors.  I hooked up both motors to a battery box.
Somewhere along the line, I disconnected the battery box, so the two motors
are wired together.
As I was adjusting one of the "mirrors", the other mirror moved!  Freaked me
out! ;-)

Well, I thought, if it surprised me, how many people know about his
"phenomenon"?
So, I set out to create the world's first(?) LEGO magic trick!

Here's the current incarnation of LEGO Magic Trick:
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/mvunlim2

=Hari=