 General / 918
Re: Legoland California article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 05:03:19 GMT

Ron Kittle wrote:
That's an annoying thing about frames: you can't always give a url directly to
the page you want to reference.  So, you have to give a url, plus navigation
instructions.  What a pain.  (Unless there's some way to do it that I don't
know about.)

If you're a Netscape user, try doing an "open frame in new window" with
your mouse on the article. Then capture the URL that the new window has:

http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/thu/metro/index.html

was what I got when I did that.
and

http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/thu/metro/news_7m26lego.html

was what I got when I followed the link to the whole article.

Not only does that link get you right there, it's frameless. (that can
be good or bad, if other frames have key stuff to make the site work
overall, but for one article you may not care.)

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.