 General / 9076
9075  |  9077
Subject:
Broken 8448 Shocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:55:45 GMT

I bought my supercar a couple of weeks ago, and at the weekend I noticed
that one of the damped springs that open the gullwing doors had broken.
The bottom of the spring has broken into the main part of the housing,
so now there is no spring effect.  I was just wondering how I should
contact Lego to get a replacement part (I'm in the UK).

Thanks for any help!

Neil

Many people have mentioned broken air dampened shocks on the 8448.  Is
it just some of us?  Or will it be most of us in time?

I have heard that LEGO will replace the parts.  Give them a call.

Last night I also discovered both my air dampened shocks were broken
on my Supercar, built as a gull-wing.

I have had the new Formula 1 car even longer, but the shock in it is
still fine.

I would suggest to everyone, that you leave the doors open on the
gull-wing most of the time.  Or modify the design so that the springs
are not compressed as tightly.  This would appear to be the problem.
It breaks over a period of time when left so compressed.

This could cost LEGO a few bucks to replace everyone's shocks.

<ICS>