 General / 8949
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

This is also part of why the price per part for bulk tubs is less than for
sets. Their design costs are minimal (new tub design and molds every 10
years or whatever, a handful of pieces of artwork every few years or so, a
miniscule number of man hours to decide the brick distribution) compared to
a set...

Does anyone think TLG would listen to some simple bucket or accessory pack
requests?  In other words, I am suggesting we actually compose a  few bucket
distributions, and a few accessory packs -- literally listing the part numbers
and quantities.  Most of the parts I have seen have actual numbers on them
somewhere...

I mean we could have a foliage accessory pack, a train accessory pack,
accessory packs for old themes, accessory packs for unique architectural
parts, etc.

And we could have buckets designed such that one could simply buy bricks of
one color -- like those $9-10 sets for tan, purple, orange, brown, and black...

The requests they fulfill from the various Legolands must be something like
this.  "We need 1000 1x1 trans round plates in all colors."  See what I mean?

BTW, I had originally composed another one of my "heartaching" diatribes about
this thread, but I grow weary of the struggle with an uncaring TLG.  I say to
the devil with them if they fail to understand cold, hard commerce.  Are we
really so small a segment of their consumer base?

Would any of you actually consider boycotting Lego products until we get some
simple respect? And I mean for real!  A self-imposed dark age in the hopes of
something better.  If you must buy, buy old stuff from someone else (ebay,
RTL, etc.).  No parts auctions for half a year, etc.

My other great idea was to buy, play with, and then return massive quantities
of Rock Raider sets, or some other equally reprehensible sets.  Maybe we could
get TRU on our side on this thing?  Let them explain to TLG why customers were
pissed off.

-- Richard