 General / 8905
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Not sure what you're proposing exactly but based on details I would be
willing to be lead partner in a VC to get something off the ground. We
could just dust off the consortium mailing list to see who else is in.

I *think* what's being proposed is a consolidation of the various efforts into
a more professional setup.  Approach TLG with a list assembled of parts people
want, and that we have the money (or the backing) for, right now.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong, Jodi) that the proposal is to attempt to buy
bulk boxes out of Enfield, using the existing S@H service as a medium, so that
Lego has a minimal cost setup to bring it on-line.

If that is the case, then yeah, I'm in like a dirty shirt.  I'll put in my 2
bits.  Heck, I'll even put in my 4 bits the first time, just to get this off
the ground.  I have no problem taking a (personal) loss if it gets the idea
across to TLG that bulk ordering is a viable practise.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/