 General / 8887
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:55:05 GMT

How much would people pay for David's AT-AT model as a kit?  I'm
thinking $150 minimum.  Probably a lot higher.

Depends on the part count an physical size.  I've seen pictures of two
AT-ATs (don't know which one is David's) from the NELUG display at MindFest
( http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/mindfest/starwars.html ) but that doesn't
always give you a good impression of the actual size of the models.

I see no reason why Lego should not market sets in the $200 range or higher.
People will pay if the set is cool enough.  And I think that an AT-AT or the
Millennium Falcon would be a great set to put in this range.  I think that
more people here owuld be happy with a cool $200 Falcon then will be with
what is looking to be a rather lame one, probably in the $90-$100 range.

Troy