 General / 8883
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:21:29 GMT

But look at how TLG makes those blue tubs. At least one poster on
lugnet talked about working at Enfield several years back. He talked
about moving all those boxes of bulk parts around. Then I remember the
picture of Ed Boxer standing in front of all those boxes of Brown
Bricks. All we need is a buying organization (BO) that will buy 'boxes'
of bricks (or whatever part). Then the BO would have the responsibility
of breaking up a box for individuals. This has to be geared to the
internal working of Enfield. If there is any way that TLG can do this
without adding a SKU, that would be the way to go. To the best of my
knowledge, TLG does no direct retail sales. All sales are handled thru
other subsidiaries (such as S@H). Can S@H be the connect point between
TLG and the BO ?

I don't know but that sounds like a cool ideal.  But man that could be a great
expense for a BO to do a trial run.  They could open it up with prepaid funds
tho from AFOL who know what they want and are willing to pay for the ability to
buy in a greater bulk.  Say such as 1000 sets of #5165 a supplemental pack with
the grey 1x2 hinges and part them out to those who are willing to put up enough
money to help off set the cost of the $300 to buy them all.  And Of cousre you
can but them in groiups of like 20 sets so you could still get the free McD
set.  ;-)

Time for a poll:

o What would you pay per piece for bricks (2x4) in any standard Lego
color which is not readily available elsewhere ?

o What are train windows worth if you could order then by the 100s ?

o What other parts would we want via bulk ?

o What minimum ($s) would an individual be willing to order at one time ?

I'm sure for some they could easily part with 2-300 a month, since some of us
spend that already and don't get all the parts we need with that spending.

And your BO could also use some of the kitty of money that is brought in to get
clearence items like Troy and others do and add them to the overall bulk
available.  But the BO if it is a LUGNET member would probably need funds to
just open the BO.  Any takers in this?

Ray