 General / 8881
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:04:55 GMT

Call me crazy, naive, or just plain stupid, but here is a thought.

There are I'd say 15-20 of you out there who really want some major amouts of
certain bricks.  Larry P, Tom, Tom, Doyle, John, and more of you then I can
think of names at the moment.  Have you as a group gotten a list together of
the particular parts you want, the quanities you wish to buy, colors needed and
such and sent it to Lego headquarters in hard copy form to say 10 different
people there.  Only make up one list, make one person in the group responsible
for dealing with the folks at lego and make that one person be like a go
between and to insure that the parts are shipped to the correct person.

Say you get the group and you want oh let's say 10,000 grey 1x2 hinge sets
(Doyle), 10,000 black 1x2 hinge sets, those tech pins, inverted 1x2 slopes
(Larry P), 8,000 2x4 bricks in red, blue, yellow, white, 20,000 in black and
green, you get the idea.  And as the list gets together you see that as the
totals are combined you have an order fo like 50,000 of one particular piece.
I'm sure you might get close.  You all might even want to pad your wants to
help matters.  When you get the list together make sure that the wants don't
equal a supplemental pack that they already sell.  If they do, well you might
have a new twist to it.  :-)

And in your letter you state that to buy these particular parts from a premade
lego set you might be able to only get a 10th of the number you need to create
the items your trying to build.

Offer them the ability to show case your creations in their Mania magizine and
lable it as the AFOL speak out with their own stlye of creativity.  And since
these are all "New" creations, that if Lego would like to create them as
sellable sets to the public, you all will be more then happy to give them a
list of parts needed and directions on how to assemble the set.

If they are able to fill are or part of the order we have a away in.

In closing the letter be sure to add a little scare in it.  Todd if he is in
it, is listed as creator, and keeper of LUGNET, Mindfest participant, NELUG
member and other titles, Larry don't you work for Netscape???? And I'm sure the
rest of you also have some titles, you may feel them insignificant but I'm sure
they are not.  Use them!!!!

Don't use the letter to belittle, or anger, but to almost beg those at Lego to
listen.  Even if it is only to a few of you.  There are more of us out here
going broke just to get the parts we want.

Make 10 or more copies and mail them all out the samre day to the Lego
president, vice-president, the vp of sales, vp of research and developement,
customer service, shipping, any person you have the name of at Lego, and
address seperate ones to various supervisors with in the company.  Call Leog HQ
and you can usually get the names of the people you want to send them to.

You may have to pay a little more for the service and be ready for that.  But
look at it this way, would you rather pay 25-50 cents a 1x2 hinge and only get
say 20-30 of them or pay say 25 cents and possibly get 5,000 of them???

And lastly let them know that the responces you recieve will let them know
weather they should send in more additional orders of this magnitude.  For
there are others who wish to order large quanities.

I'm intrested to see what all of you think of this, and if there is anyone
willing to put forth that effort and trust in their fellow AFOL's.

Thanks,
Jodi

P.S. I'm sure I missed a few points here, but they can be worked out if people
want to do this.