 General / 8837
Re: Very Interesting PRESS RELEASE from Respond.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:05:38 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Chet Corbin writes:
Howdy All-

I got this very interesting press release in my emailbox:

Enjoy,
Chet

[snipped "press release"]

Wow, that's a very clever form of spam.  So it was a real press release then,
which they converted to a targeted email ad?  Or was it never really a press
release, and this is just pure spam?  Did you receive this out of the blue or
had you asked to receive this sort of thing?

Curious,
--Todd