 General / 8830
Re: A change in attitude
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:19:42 GMT

Unfortunately I hit the send button on the post about the 20 bricks out of
frustration. Yes I understand many of you, as well as myself, want large
quantities of bricks that could generate lots of lots of money for TLG. I
should have thought a second time before I sent that one off. And I am sure
if I cared about the history of previous arguments I could read Lugnet until
I was "Maersk light blue in the face" as Mike P wittingly described. But
previous arguments are not what I am interested in.
    What I wanted to convey is that we, as a group or individually,  can't
talk to these Lego people and ask for a favor and then turn around and post
remarks like Light blue train windows come from light blue ABS put into an
ordinary train window mold. So just go ahead and do it already.
    Imagine if you were on the Lego side and you controlled manufacturing.
Or ever if you were on the customer service side and got a smug remark from
a potential customer. I would simply forget about helping that person at
all. I would not need some wise guy telling me how to do my job while trying
to replace 40,000 cracked hydrolic pistons. Besides another $10,000 to the
TLG bottom line isn't going to help my pay check. You have to understand
that many postings on the topic have very hostile undertones. I personally
thought the letter that Gary I. had a few month ago (I think it was Gary
anyway) was a great start (even though his attempts have gone un-rewarded
for sometime). And I feel that with enough poking, prodding, and reminding,
we will eventually get our way. But belittling any efforts of TLG, however
small, moves the possibility further and further away.
    To use the old saying- you can get more flies with honey than with
vinegar - and just try to put 10,000 dark gray flies in you ABS machine. :-)

-Nick