 General / 8827
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nick Goetz writes:

[snipped]

   Anyway, the reason I had that little buid up is beacuse you may have
just ruined your chances of getting any bulk ordering at all. Surely there
is a way that this can happen. We just haven't found it yet. But by making
the sarcatic remarks about "Those big machines that eat ABS tablets" are
probably hurting your attempts to bulk order more than you think.

In case you didn't notice in my first post, I _DID_ get bulk ordering.  And
what I was offered was not even as good a deal as full retail at Toys R Us.  6
cents a piece for bricks from the bulk tubs!  I couldn't even but gray 2x4
bricks from them!  That is not really that rare a piece.

   Overall I can't help but think we are all shooting ourselves in the
foot. Everytime someone mentions how "stupid the Lego Group is for not
allowing bulk orders" or "how this years StarWars sucks" you have to believe
that people at Lego are probaly reading it. And you know what, if you were
polite to me on the phone, and then you turned around and said you were
going to "turn on more heat" I would write you off real quick. If you tick
off the wrong person all forward motion stops.
   I totally agree with posting constructive criticism about TLG but you
have to make sure it doesn't come across the wrong way. As I said before
people at Lego must read these things, wheather it is in an offiacial
capacity or not is another story. These same people are the people that make
the ultimate decisions. I am fairly certain that with a 10% cut back I the
labor force there isn't a whole lot of middle management and red tape to
hinder the implemenation of ideas. If you can get to the right person, I am
sure your dreams will become a reality.

-Nick

<Donning my flame resistant suit...and ... fire away>

I can't fire at you.  I don't have a Lego AK-47.