 General / 8688
Re: Utah Get Together Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:29:24 GMT

Ashley Glennon wrote:
Jason created a cool, small scale "Droideka" and a steer
skeleton that were both neat.

Um, that was actually me.  :-,

Between the few members that were present, we had visited every Legoland and
had four CLSOTW web sites.

!?!  By dang, you're right!  Wow!  Cool!  :-,

After the slide show, Joseph Gonzales served up big doses of generosity by
hosting several games with excellent prizes.  The first game was a stumper in
which you had to identify the name, set number and year of release for about
15 old sets.  The next game was a mindbender to see how many words you could
spell out of "Black Seas Barracuda."  The final game involved building a Rock
Raiders set while wearing garden gloves.

These games were a blast!  They were fun, fast, and had great re-play value!
Come next get-together, I will be considerably better at putting together LEGO
while wearing thick gloves, let me tell you!  :-,

Not only were the games fun, but check out the prizes Joseph generously
awarded: A small Technic set, a Lego green brick service pack, castle
polybags, an unopened box of minifigs, Rock Raiders mini-sets, Adventurers
polybags and more!  Thank you Joseph!  Everyone left with something!

A big hearty thank-you to Joseph!  Rarely have I ever met anyone so willing to
contribute.

The entire event was a hoot.  The people I've met and the things I've learned
were fantastic; it's too bad we haven't done this earliet.  :-,  I'm looking
forward to next time!

Cheers,
- jsproat

Jeremy: "Hi, my name is Jeremy Sproat, and I'm a...Slashdot Lemming."
All:    "Hi, Jeremy."