 General / 8560
Re: Somebody help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:10:20 GMT

Mike wrote:
Then again, maybe she won't.  Write a non-sappy non-love poem and
ask her to read it.  Some girls like that, and everyone needs to
write at least a little poetry every now and then.

--

I've got a problem, I can't write poems, can you?

I write a lot, yeah.  But you don't want me to write one for you,
you want to do it yourself.  And you _can_ write poetry.  Everyone
can.

Poetry doesn't have to rhyme, have perfect meter, or anything else,
it just has to come from your muse, and everyone has one.  :)

I've never really understood this poetry lark, but the realization has
just occured to me that it is much like Lego.  You have a idea of what
you are trying to do, you scrabble around for the right pieces, then you
try to get them to click together, to achieve a harmonious whole.

Here is my very first MOC.  It is inspired by 6097 Night Lord's Castle.

Twelve chosen men construct a tower
of blackened bricks and place on top
a wizened crone of evil power
whose time has come to get the chop.