 General / 8549
Re: Texas Legomaniacs Unite!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:48:59 GMT

I would like to first of all see how many of us there are. Kind of get a
survey of what interests we have and then try to get an organized meeting
going.  Perhaps only annually at a set location or every week online or
somewhere in between depending on interest levels.  I would like to set up a
parts exchange among the participants and at the very least find like minded
folks in this area of the state.  I guess the first order of business would be
to set up a website to keep everyone current and act as an agent of limited
advertising and information about ourselves.  What do you think?  Do you have
any specific desires, skills to offer, ideas, etc.?  Let me know.

Mark L

At this point, I'd probably have to participate in a pretty informal capacity.
I probably wouldn't participate in parts exchange, because my Lego budget is
pretty limited right now, which means that I only buy sets that I really like
and don't want to break up.  I am currently concentrating almost entirely on
Star Wars, and probably will do so as long as the sets are being produced.  I
guess I'd just like to get together with other Lego enthusiasts and share
ideas,
check out each other's models, etc.  Perhaps we could plan meetings on some
regular basis, maybe semi-monthly (perhaps even monthly), and the location
could
rotate between Bryan/College Station, Houston, and whereever else the
enthusiasts are.  I know that there is a very active Austin group, so maybe we
could hook up with them occasionally.