 General / 8457
Re: Ult Lego Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 18:25:00 GMT

<< What kind of book are you talking about? A sort of idea book? >>

Its a large size TLG history, LegoLand, and Lego scultpure book.  I can't see
how else to describe it.  But a lot of the ideas they show could not easily be
accomplished by the average Adult Lego Fan because they would not likely have
the needed parts -- and not just because of the size of the piece -- just
because you couldn't for example easily obtain 100 2x2 round and curved on the
top  blue tiles.  I felt the same way as regards a STILL available Lego Idea
book -- most kids could not run into a store and buy any of the stuff
pictured -- its all discontinued sets.  Its insane that the book is still sold
when all of the featured sets are NOT on the shelves.  TLG must have a cartoon
character heading up marketing strategy.

Like other builders, I have to rely on the annoying likes of eBay and kind-
hearted souls to get some of the things I want for my constructions.  I do not
commonly go to the store looking for the latest Lego sets.  That is not where
my Lego desires take me.

AND don't even get me started on the subject of eBay, since my experiences
there are surely hit and miss at best.  Sellers appear to have no qualms
stating that a set is in "great condition" and "complete"  when this is far
from accurate on both counts.  Just yesterday I received a set that I was
buying almost entirely for the horse bardings, and get this -- all the clips
on both sides of BOTH horse bardings are all broken and mangled!  Ack!  The
very reason I am willing to pay top dollar for this bloody thing all comes to
nothing.  Out $60 and still no decent horse bardings...

Man, am I angry...and ultimately I blame TLG.  I mean, they could just toss
off a horse barding accessory pack could they not?

-- Richard