 General / 8339
Re: LEGO Pirates! D-Day Approaches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 20:32:48 GMT

I'm confused.  I like the idea about marshalling up support for better
lego sets, people may think us weird, but I'm sure they won't tell me to
my face (I'd be wearing a black motorcycle leather jacket, think bad-a**
biker), and I don't care.

Just what is our message?  I mean, we need a thesis statement, if you
will.

"Lego used to mean quality, now it means nothing?"
"Lego, who are they marketing to?  Not us."

If it was done, it should be done with kids in tow, as this isn't an adult
thing.  Some of the town jr. stuff (I call 'em cheater sets, since it's
like the designer cheated; "Eh, I won't build this section, I'll just have
someone build a peice instead") insults even the target audience's
intellegence.

Of course, I don't have a kid so maybe kids are this dumb now....

*ducks large number of lego blocks being thrown by parents*

Cool!  I can use these.

*doesn't duck in time: ponk*

Ouch, hey!  These are MegaBlocks!

Ciao!

--
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx

The Doctor What: Not that 'who' guy              http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC