 General / 7706
Re: Eeeek! New Milk Float!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:50:04 GMT

Mark and Simon,

Well, if I were you I would open those sets.  Get an exacto knife and
open them carefully along a side.  Build them and keep them separate
from your other Lego bricks...definitely run the wagon around the tracks
a few times :)

Mark Harrison wrote:

Hi Simon,

I had the same thrill when I openned the only set I won in that auction. A
brand new sealed 147 Refrigerated Rail Wagon from 1973. Now I have the
same problem that I'm sure Gary had, do I open it or don't I.

Mark H.

Simon Robinson wrote:

Sorry - I just have to share this...

I got my winnings from the Setzilla auction today. And - well,
I've never had any contact with Gary Louie but he has won
my enormous respect as someone who really looked after his
Lego - and must have had some patience.

You see my winnings included the 645 Milk Float from about
1971 I think. I'd read the stuff on the Auczilla site about 'new'
sets probably having been opened and had catalogues etc.
removed. So the very last thing I was expecting when I unpacked
the stuff was a 28-year-old set that was - literally - unopened!

That has totally made my day - the box has some rounding of
the corners and a little discoloration where
but is otherwise in excellent condition - better than
some boxes you see in the shops or new sets. I just can't stop
looking at it at the moment.

I guess tomorrow I'll have to face the question of whether I
still should build the set - I really wanted to see a built Milk Float
again but opening a box like that is going to feel like destroying
our heritage.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

--