 General / 7679
Re: Another McD rip off...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:34:40 GMT

I have to agree with Greg about this set (I just got mine today). It is
nice. The only complaints I have are that they should have used a pair of
those smooth top arches with a few 1x1 bricks to make the golden arches, and
that they should have included a piece of blue tinted glass for one of the
windows. The only "juniorized" pieces are the car plate (and this is one of
the nicer car plates), the cheesy new style junior arch, and a 1x2x2 brick
which the burger and fries sticker goes on (which I like, I've got plenty of
1x2x1 bricks, and I like that the sticker isn't a multi-brick sticker). Oh,
I guess you could also say it should have had 2 2x10 black bricks instead of
a 4x10 black brick. In some ways I would have liked the pieces to be
printed, on the other hand with the stickers we get a nice source of 1x4x3
thin walls, and plain white torsos. Oh, one more thing, it would have been
nice in some ways if they had used the 16x16 drive way base plate and a 8x16
base plate instead of 6x12 and 4x12 green plates, but then those are better
as a parts source.

From my perspective, here are the parts which make it well worth getting:

2 red     1x4x3 train window frames
1 black   1x4x5 window
1 black   1x4x5 door
1 green   6x12  plate
1 green   4x12  plate
1 black   4x10  brick
1 yellow  4x6   brick
2 yellow  4x4   quarter circle bricks
1 yellow  4x4   plate
2 red     2x2   flags w/clips (1)
1 white   4x4   radar dish
1 dk grey       minifigs legs
1 white         minifig torso (undecorated)
1 red           minifig cup
1 yellow        minifig cup
2 red           minifig chairs
2 red     2x2   inverse 45 degree slope
2 white   1x3x1 car doors (pair)
1 white   2x2   45 degree slope buttons and number printing

(1) my pirate ships will love these

That's almost a third of the parts

Frank