 General / 7310
Re: LCadville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 00:34:20 GMT

Oops... I fogot that I can't post the .dat in this group. I'll post it in
lugnet.cad.dat.ideas

-- Calvin Walton

In lugnet.cad, Calvin Walton writes:
I was planning to work on a Lcad town for awile, but all I have finished is • two
roads and a house.  My solution for grass on the road-plates is shown in the
included .dat file.  As well, I had made some street-lights which I will post
later.

-- Calvin Walton

<snip>
only option for "going out." Also, I have a suggestion. I think the town • would
look better if you added some shrubery and trees and stuff, because the • town
sort of looks like it was built on a big parking lot. Just my opinion, but • I
think it may look a little better if there was some grass.

I agree.  I installed sidewalks today, including walks for a cool park on the
town square.  (I wonder how much that many white 2x2 tiles would cost?) • Grass
would be great, but it's a problem for the street segments.  The street and
the surrounding area are stuck being the same color, and green roads _do not_
look good.  I started planting the little rounded trees along the streets, • but
they didn't do justice to the buildings.  I think big trees using the leaf
parts are needed.  Has anyone designed some of these?

Other planned additions include street signs and lamps and firehydrants
(anyone feel free to help me out with these.)

<snip>