 General / 7076
Re: Road baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:35:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Simon Robinson writes:
Then there's ones with islands - like the incredibly wide road in the
6337 Pit Stop(? Not certain of the US name), which markings of which
match very well with the 6339 baseplate markings. (Have either of these
plates appeared in any other set?)

The roadplate with an isalnd that I have came with the Central Precinct HQ. It
is different from the 6337. The road is relatively straight, but after a few
studs, the road bends toward the edge of the plate and then goes straight
again, making a shape sort of like this (the ='s being the island):
  _______
_/       \_
  =======
___________

That plate has no markings other than some lines down the edge of the road.
There are also a few other types of road plates. Take for instance
the "driveway" roadplates which have a very narrow road that bends in one
spot. These were mostly used with older sets, but the last one came with the
most recent (non-junior) police station. There are also the driveway plates
that are 16x16 and came out just a few years ago. Then there are the plates
with a three pronged road and two islands in between the prongs. These were
used in old police and fire station sets.
Greg "I've just thoroughly confused myself." Majewski
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com