 General / 6959
Re: Baseball mini-figs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:37:26 GMT

David,

These sound cool, but why did they give the Red Sox minifig a red hat?  It
should have been blue with the red "B" on the hat.  I have not heard about
this going on here in Colorado, but that doesn't mean the Rockies haven't
done it.  I don't always know what kind of promotions they're doing.

When I was a kid, I used to wish LEGO would produce NFL and MLB minifig
packs.

LEGO must be spending more $$ on licensing fees, now to Major League
Baseball, to put this kind of product (the Red Sox minifig) out there.

Thanks for sharing this information,
Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: David Eaton <wpieaton@wpi.edu>
To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com <lugnet.general@lugnet.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 8:54 AM
Subject: Baseball mini-figs?

A friend of mine went to a baseball game in Boston (MA) recently, where • they
were apparantly giving away Red Sox minifigs.  He didn't want it so he gave • it
to me.  Has anyone heard about this going on anywhere else? Is this a • promotion
with professional baseball, or is this just unique to Boston?

The Red Sox minifig is actually kind of boring in appearance -- white belt,
legs, torso, arms; yellow hands, standard smiley head, and a red baseball • cap.
The only real discerning feature is the "Red Sox" printed in blue and red
lettering across the front of the torso.

Thanks,
Dave Eaton