 General / 6901
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 02:50:37 GMT

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:27:35 GMT, "Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com>
wrote:

I live in the same area as Tom S, and he's right. We don't get good deals
here. It's not whining, just a fact.

BTW, everyone tries to rip off Californians, including other Californians.
Need anyone mention the evil oil companies? Okay, I will. The price of gas in
the states is averages somewhere $1.15 - $1.25 a gallon but here in the SF Bay
Area is around $1.80 per gallon of 89 octane, cheap by European standards
though.

Of course you don't have to shovel snow in the winter, or sweat to death
in blistering heat and humidity in the summer.  California costs more in
my opinion because it's a nicer place to live.  If it cost the same as
everywhere else there'd be a lot more people living there.  I know I'd
be back out there if it was cheaper. (I spent 3 and a half years working
in San Jose and LOVED it, but when I lost my job due to reduction in force
I couldn't afford to stay there.)

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |