 General / 6830
6829  |  6831
Subject:
Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:55:53 GMT

I was on the road this week and happened to be in a TRU checking out the
selection when a woman asked me if she could help me find something in
particular.  As it turns out she was the local LEGO rep doing some
restocking and we got to talking a bit.

She showed me her current catalog (which she orders from) and much to my
disappointment, it did not have any new or unusal stock in it.
Unfortunately she wouldn't give it to me either!  I asked if Target was
going to do the Halloween buckets again this year she said she didn't know.
She hadn't heard that they were but then again, she hadn't heard that they
weren't.  She did say that the Advent (1298) set was doing well and she
expected them to be gone quickly.  There was only one left in this
particular TRU.

Lastly, she saved me some time by telling me that there were no stores in
town that she could recall that still had any older stock (trains, town, or
pirates).  Her only suggestion was to go way out in the boonies where stock
tends to move a little slower!

BTW - she can't order bulk or parts packs but does get a 50% discount on
sets.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh