 General / 6799
Re: Lego on TV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 05:34:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

D Garcia wrote:

I saw an American TV show tonight called "Who wants to be a millionare?".
This poor soul was up to $32,000 with 5 questions left to 1 million.  his
next question was for $64,000.  The question?  "What toy translated into
english means play well?"  I laughed out loud when I read it.  The answers
they gave him were:

A.  Atari
B.  Hacky sack
C.  Yo-Yo
D.  Lego

He had no clue, turning to the audience for help.  To make a long story
short, (too late) He decided on...Atari.  If only he knew our friends, the
small bricks that magically stick together...

What a maroon... :-)

Any Go player can tell you that Atari is the Go equivalent of "check".
You say it when you are one stone away from capturing a group. He was
one clue away from capturing 64K. Actually more than one clue, since 70%
of the audience was clue deprived too, choosing Atari as well.

I called my kids in, they ran to their rooms and whipped out their blue
tee shirts JN made (which say Leg Godt on the back) and were dancing and
laughing at this poor fellow. So was Regis, for that matter.

We all had a good laugh at the expense of that guy at our GMLTC meeting tonite!

-John