 General / 6635
Re: How much for a 6036?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:04:04 GMT

Arjan Brugman <abrugman@casema.net> wrote:
Hey everyone,

Last friday over at TRU I found a MISB 6036 Skeleton Surprise! Happy me!

Although it keeps whispering "Do it! Do it!" at me, I've managed not to open it yet.
First I'd like to know if it's worth anything in unopened condition.

I just checked the two copies on eBay, but they're still at opening bids.

Does anyone have any idea if this set is a real rare collector's item (as I told my
girlfriend so I could buy it :) or not?

Just because a set is discontinued doesn't mean it's a collector's
item.

6036 was arguably the crappiest of the Royal Knight sets.  Castle
people probably have as many as they need (I bought about 40 of them
at 50% off for parts).  Newbie Castle-wannabes might pay more than
full retail for this now simply because they missed out on it in their
town, but those are the only people who would do so.

Open it, use the parts in it for something useful.  You've probably
wasted more time wondering if you should open it and posting this
message than you'll make back in reselling a single blah set.  Now if
you'd found a MISB 6071 I could understand, but you're not going to do
more than make a buck or two off this little thing, so what's the
point?

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)