 General / 6549
Re: Has anybody noticed... (Space themes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:30:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Shippert writes:
In lugnet.general, David Leese writes:
... that for a long time now, Lego no longer keep any particular
Space theme running for more than a year?  I mean that they don't
introduce more sets into the same Space theme the following year.
Each year, it seems, has a theme and that's it.

Any thoughts... like when this torture started, and why?

History! My favorite subject!
<snip>

I can see why, with the latest space aliens craze, why U.F.O.s and Insectoids
were created. Still, take off their helmets and they're regular bipeds like
everyone else.

As to why they can't settle down on one theme is anyone's guess.

You came up with the answer yourself: it's a craze over new things. As a kid
when classic space came out, I remember looking for any new classic set I
didn't have yet. You must remember that generally speaking, the younger
someone is, the more they are prone to effects of novelty. And as such, sets
will sell.

-Tom McD.
when replying, suspended ceiling tiles can be made with up to 27% spamcake.