 General / 6497
6496  |  6498
Subject:
Has anybody noticed... (Space themes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:30:16 GMT

... that for a long time now, Lego no longer keep any particular
Space theme running for more than a year?  I mean that they don't
introduce more sets into the same Space theme the following year.
Each year, it seems, has a theme and that's it.
1999 Rock Raiders
1998 Insectoids
1997 UFO

Isn't this just plain annoying?  What happened to Classic Space - one of
the good things about it is that Classic Space remained Classic Space
year after year, with new sets that went with the older ones.

In order to build up an armada of any theme, you have to buy multiples, or
(shock horror) develop your own creations.

Any thoughts... like when this torture started, and why?

David Leese.