 General / 6484
6483  |  6485
Subject:
Freeservers.com down this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:52:23 GMT

From an email sent to me:

[...]

During the time when we actually move our web server computers, your
website will be unavailable. We have scheduled our move for off-peakhours,
so that our downtime will have as small an effect as possible on yourwebsite.

We will begin moving our server computers at 2:01am Eastern Time on
Saturday, Aug. 14.  We are doing everything in our power to minimize
downtime for your website during the move.  Individual sites should bedown
for only two to four hours, and the entire transfer of our networkshould
be complete in less that six hours.

[...]

Just thought you'd want to know.

-Tom McD.
when replying, little has been documented about the great Alaskan Spamcake
Rush of 1834.