 General / 6338
  Re: Why 5 to 6?

(...) Neither do I. Robert Munafo said that a 1-1 ratio would have been better than the 5-6 ratio we have today. I just wanted to give some examples where a 1-1 ratio would have been inferior to the system we have today. I did not say anything about (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why 5 to 6?

If i remember correctly, Modulex bricks *do* have a 1 to 1 ratio. They were designed by TLG later than the basic LEGO bricks, so this *suggests* TLG retrospectively would have preferred the simpler ratio for the LEGO system as well, but were (...) (25 years ago, 10-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)