 General / 6277
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 03:30:56 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote in article
<37AB4202.ED975B73@aeieng.com>...
Arjan,

Hey Scott,

Don't be upset or anything, I have been collecting sets since I was 4, • everyone
has different money conditions, situations, and the like. I really have • never
had a Dark Age, like most AFOL'S have. I am strange as it is, so it fits
me. :)

Like you've probably ready in my reply to Todd, I was merely joking about
being upset. Actually, I find it rather encouraging to read how many sets
people have. Makes me wanna buy even more! :)

I'm sorry I had you thinking I was upset but I do very much appreciate you
trying to cheer me up! Thanks anyway Scott!

I have kept most of my instructions and the like, so Pause and *EVIL* • Microsoft
Excel helps me get an accurate list of sets, minifigs, and part counts. • (No
offense or anything to anyone out there, I have been doing this for • around 20
years now! I am a Lego nut) I want to be like Gary Istok when I grow up! • (I
won't disclose anymore info on his stats) I have been working on my list • for
about a year now. Here is a link:

http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

The set listing is near the bottom.

Thanks Scott! That list helps me out a lot! I started a similar list on my
own site, but your list gave me more info and more collumns to use on my
own list.

Feel free to explore,

And so I did. Check out some of your MOCs, but I'm going back tomorrow to
see the rest of 'em! Great models Scott! Besides that, your whole site is
pretty fun to read. Loads of interesting topics.

I only published this information to give Gary some info
and to help our campaign out, I know there are many people with bigger
collections, that have awesome building ideas, and that are more • qualified than
I. I just love Lego products, and that has been a consistent part of my • life. I
guess you can call me a happy collector/builder/sorter. The cycle • continues...

As for the letter, don't think that you are any less important than
anyone else.

Now *this* is what I *was* being serious about. I really didn't know if I'd
qualify as a "true" AFOL with only a few sets. (A few minutes ago I decided
to count (what I think are) all my complete sets. I must say I'd never have
thought I'd get to 73! :)

We need to have as many Lugnet and RTL and fans in general sending in • letters,
and phone calls, etc. But we have to have a plan, and maybe a certain • time frame
to do this: Mail your letters by XX-XX-XX, call on this week, etc.

I agree. IIRC a guy named Brent posted the same idea. If they get 100ths of
letters in a small amount of time, at least SOMEONE at TLG has got to
notice us! :)

Maybe we should have a link on all of our pages or something to promote • this, or
a link to Lugnet or something. I would be happy to host a page. Any
thoughts?

Great idea again. A call to AFOLs to join in on the letter. Count me in.

Scott Sanburn

P.S. Don't be discouraged or anything. I find the best way to count sets • and
parts and the like, is to find all your verified sets (with instructions) • and
then go to Pause, there is a lot of info on most sets, I guessed the • price on a
few of them, but I know I am within a dollar or two. Then get that list
together, then try to find some sets you know you have had (Many before • 1984 I
don't have instructions for) and get those. Afterwards, you can either • estimate
or count, it is one step before piece by piece sorting. Keep building! :)

The set counting was only a few seconds work, but I have to say counting my
bricks scares the brick out of me! I might not have millions, but still. :)

Anyway, thanks for the great tips on counting/collecting info. You've been
a great help!
--
Regards,
Arjan Brugman