 General / 6118
6117  |  6119
Subject:
Bulldozing old inventory (was Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:27:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
[...]
Hey Mark, tell them the story about the bulldozer and the old Lego parts.
That'll really get their blood pressure up.
[...]

That's nothing. Apple buried all their leftover inventory of Macintosh XL
computers (thousands of upgraded Lisas originally worth US$ 10,000 each)
because their accountants told them it would be better for their bottom line
than giving them to schools. Talk about a tragedy! I didn't forgive them for
years (-:

- Robert Munafo
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13