 General / 6112
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:03:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:

No disrespect to you, but IMO if *anyone* should be granted such
privledges, I would think it would be an organization such as the PNLTC or the
GMLTC who are ambassadors for the brick to the general public...

-John

Wasn't there a time when some architects used Lego bricks for models? What
other bulk buyers would have ever existed?

I think that hyping the User Group route for bulk orders is the best way to
approach TLG - it is a small number of organizations for TLG to deal with; it
doesn't really have much impact on the existing distribution channels; it won't
cannibalize set sales very much, and it would work well for TLG - they could
require the User Groups to hold public viewings or events to benefit charities
and such....

Paul Sinasohn
who joins BAYLUG in 2 days!