 General / 5839
5838  |  5840
Subject:
Are ABS bricks so good...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 01:13:54 GMT

I was a bit shocked last night.

You know how the plates are just thick enough that they
can be held between the studs on normal bricks if
you try inserting them sideways in... I seem to recall
some of the cars in the 70s actually had 1x1 and 1x2
coloured transparent plates
stuck in the roofs in this way as lights etc.

Well last night I was idly playing around with a couple of
tan plates from the adventurers sets, and I stuck one
plate between the studs of the other plate. To my horror
when I removed it I found the studs had permanently rubbed
away little notches in the side of the plate.

I always thought that Lego bricks were tougher than that.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com