 General / 5775
Re: Perl-based bulk set IDer...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 18:10:35 GMT

In article <FF7J5H.AI1@lugnet.com>, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Say, did you know about the "output=plain" option?  For example,
   http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6848&output=plain

Whoa!  That's much easier than the html pseudo-
parser I'd written to "canonicalize" my personal
set database.

If you plan to run queries frequently, I'd suggest downloading local copies
of the tab-delimited listings at <http://www.lugnet.com/pause/lists.html> and
then simply looking the info up from there rather than making across-the-net
HTML queries on-the-fly.

Even better.  Will it be eventually tied in
with parts inventories, too (I hope I hope)?

Also - how frequently are the set lists updated?

-Tim

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/