 General / 5770
    How to tell Cellulose Acetate from ABS —Gary R. Istok
   Chris Dee sent me a personal Email about Cellulose Acetate. So here is a reprint of my reply. Gary Istok ___...___ I was looking at some Cellulose Acetate windows yesterday, and I have to say that some of the pieces (especially white) are a little (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to tell Cellulose Acetate from ABS —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
   Ok, I can understand most of that, though in some respect I don't agree with the blue being harder to seperate, I've got some very old blue slopes, and I can tell just by looking in the bin which ones are and aren't. They are lighter, not as much a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to tell Cellulose Acetate from ABS —Gary R. Istok
   I am dismantling and rebuilding my large Blue Castle (on my website) one wing and tower at a time (4 matching wings with 4 towers) just to find all of the blue Cellulose Acetate bricks which belong to a German wooden box set (#712) from 1962 (which (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to tell Cellulose Acetate from ABS —Gary R. Istok
   The online newsgroups are quiet today ..... the "Dog Days" must be here. (For those non-US folks we in the USA call late July and all of August the "Dog Days of Summer" because throughout most of the USA it is HOT (32-38 degree Celcius) and people (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to tell Cellulose Acetate from ABS —John DiRienzo
    Hi Gary and others who like old Lego, Its definitely the dog days of summer here in Saint Louis. I was doing the same, sorting, and finding a lot more CA pieces than I realized I had. I found a few of these white 4x8 plates with one round corner. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to tell Cellulose Acetate from ABS —Gary R. Istok
   Hey John! Those 4x8 curved plates came in a left curve and a right curve piece. They came in Service Packs #227. In Europe both the left and right curved piece came in one set (2 of each with an extra 2x8 white plate). In the USA/Canada Samsonite (...) (25 years ago, 5-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)