 General / 5745
  Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.

(...) Well I checked some plates covering the last 35 years. And it looks like not only are there the 2 varieties that Bill already talked about, but I've found a more recent variety. It looks like the circular pip type plates have a new variety, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.

(...) I'm not sure if this is a fourth variety (I think it is version four) or if all "Hollow Pip" ones are like this, but a number of 1x2's I've gotten recently have textured surfaces on the bottom. If I remember, I'll look at my 1x2's tonight. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.

(...) Tiles have both varieties, and have had them for a while. 1x10 plates also have both varieties, but I'm not sure about other plates. Jeff (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.

(...) I typically use those to help in sorting...the plates have had the filled-in pips and the tiles have had the hollow pips. But I think I've noticed plates like that too, now that you mention it. (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)