 General / 56107
56106  |  56108
Subject:
How LEGO Service Packs got started...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:51:01 GMT

Service packs and individual parts sales are relatively new (only last 20 or so
years) to the USA and Canada.  But in Europe individual parts sales started in
1950 in Denmark, and Service Packs started as individual sales either from
mail-order, or from retailer boxes kept behind the counter or under the display
rack.

Back in the 1979-93 era I plundered the small toy stores of central Europe
finding rare parts and sets.  It was rare items such as small black classic
windows that were especially on my radar... but so were many other parts.

Anyway... here's a little background on a LEGO genre that mostly bypassed
USA/Canada... enjoy!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85801

Gary Istok