 General / 56103
56102  |  56104
Subject:
Brickshelf hacked???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:12:24 GMT

Take a look at the "most popular" folders on Brickshelf and you'll see five new
folders at the top of the first page.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/fhits.cgi

These folders seem very suspicious.

• Each folder has more than billion hits.

• However the individual images in each folder have relatively few hits (less
than 10,000 and some less than 1,0000).

• The contents of the folders – while interesting – aren't quite THAT
interesting.

• The folders seemed to get these hits almost overnight.

• Two of the folders are for WWII decals but not MOCs. I can't imagine decals
getting this many hits on Brickshelf.

I'm concerned about this for two reasons.

1. It appears someone is cheating the system. My guess would be through some
automated hit generator.

2. More importantly, when I'm showing people who are just starting with Lego the
best MOCS, I often refer them to Brickshelf's greatest hits page. Hate to see
the good stuff get buried behind spam.

Anyone know anything about this? I tried e-mailing Kevin, but I don't think he
checks his email or Facebook account.

-Steven