 General / 561
Re: Lego Media 1999 Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 11:38:48 GMT

Richard Franks <richard@__no_spam_please_im_veggie__spider.com> writes:

Bah! What with ZNAP being 'primarily marketed for boys', and now 'LEGO
Friends' - because men don't need to learn inter-personal relationships!
I think that TLG shouldn't try to reinforce traditional stereotypes such
as these.

Yes, I agree.  It's bugging me to read in the catalogue that Scala is
for the girls and Town Jr. is for the boys.

Ok, so this is probably the approach that sells the most LEGO, since
they use that marketing strategy.  I remeber very well when I was a
child myself; I would never like to be associated with some girly toy,
so I would probably like to read that my toy is a toy for the boys.

Fredrik