 General / 5591
5590  |  5592
Subject:
Samsonite Gear Set date Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:49:21 GMT

Hi:

I have a question about when Samsonite gears were first introduced.

The first series of sets w/ gears were:

001 Gear Set
003 Master Mechanic Set
004 Master Builder Set

And I have seen the 001 dated at 1970 or 1971. Does anyone know for sure when
this set was released? Were the 003 and 004 sets released at the same time or
earlier?

The next series from the early 70's was:

103 Standard Set
104 Deluxe Set
105 Master Set

These sets can be seen on Joe Lauher's site

http://www.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/LEGO/70s_sam1.jpg

Does anyone know the date on these sets? Clearly they must be pre-73.

Thanks

Jim
hughesj@one.net