 General / 55831
  Re: LEGO owned by Mattel?

(...) As Bob already noted, by the time I got to the article, it had already been corrected. However, I believe there was a teeny nugget of truth in there. At the time, I recall hearing some noise about either Hasbro or Mattel making an attempt to (...) (12 years ago, 17-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO owned by Mattel?

(...) Right you are David... it would not be possible to buy TLG without having a majority stake in KIRKBI, the family owned holding company for TLG... (URL) principal owners if KIRKBI are the 2 children of Godtfred Kirk Christiansen (son of LEGO (...) (12 years ago, 21-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO owned by Mattel?

(...) Well, there would be two options there. One would be to gain control of KIRKBI and use that ownership to force a sale of TLG. The other would be to buy TLG outright from KIRKBI...but I'd watch where you stand after pulling that off, since the (...) (12 years ago, 24-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)