 General / 55791
  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) I think he's doing the same thing that virtually everyone does when they see modern LEGO-- trying to figure out why they don't like it as much. Everyone that grew up with LEGO seems to go through that same stage of curmudgeon-ity, where they (...) (12 years ago, 28-Feb-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote: (snip good analysis) For more musings on the build/rebuild vs. build/play dichotomy see (URL) second one really reinforces what Dave's talking about, in that if you plan to NEVER take something apart but just (...) (12 years ago, 28-Feb-12, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) I think you're spot-on. He went fishing for empirical support for his intuition and really had to stretch to make it seem to fit. I think one contributing factor is that people who have not maintained familiarity with LEGO pieces over the (...) (12 years ago, 28-Feb-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) From what I've heard from LEGO, they might occasionally do that with a particular product line, but each one is evaluated independently. So, whether or not Ninjago will have alternate models is a totally separate discussion from whether or not (...) (12 years ago, 28-Feb-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) In terms of using specific elements as incentive to buy more sets, it certainly is a trend. They finally picked up on a complaint that the Star Wars fans have been voicing for ten years, which is that we wanted a wider variety of minifigs. Now (...) (12 years ago, 29-Feb-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)