 General / 55626
55625  |  55627
Subject:
Anybody willing to sell a 10188 Death Star for a child with cancer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:19:25 GMT

I'm appealing to the AFOL community here to see if anybody is willing to step up
and put a smile on a child's face and be forever remembered by his family.

Patrick Chance is a stage 4 cancer patient, who was saving up his money for a
LEGO Death Star.  Unfortunately, someone broke into his family's home, and stole
some laptops, and the wallet that Patrick was using to hold his savings for the
LEGO Death Star.

http://www.11alive.com/news/comments.aspx?storyid=175736&catid=

ATLANTA, Ga.--His name says it all: Chance.

"This was the hardest," eight year old Patrick Chance said, pointing to a huge
LEGO Star Wars Plane. "The wings come out like this. It even shoots!"

He loves LEGOs. He builds his masterpieces as he waits for a cure.

"It's fun. It entertains me. It distracts me," he said.

When he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma, doctors said his chances weren't good.
They put his survival rate at thirty-percent. That was five years ago.

"He doesn't remember not having cancer," his mom, Erin Chance said. "It's been a
long five years of fighting. But all he wants to do is be a regular kid. He's
been so brave. He never complains."

His fight against cancer took a hit last week when the family found out his
cutting-edge, experimental treatment, administered in Philadelphia, wasn't
working.

"To have a drug you were excited about, a brand new drug, not work... it's very
disheartening," Erin said.

On Friday, January 28th; they came home to a broken glass panel by the side
door.

"They broke through the glass right there with a big rock," Erin says, pointing
to the boarded-up door. "They put their hand in there, unlocked the door and
came in this way."

The thieves took the TV, laptops, cameras, and (in what is obviously a little
boy's room), they took a little wallet. Patrick was saving up for a LEGO Death
Star. I am told it. Is. Awesome. Patrick said in an isn't-it-obvious voice,
"Well, it's huge and there are so many people. It's the best."

The Chances put reward signs up all over the neighborhood, hoping someone saw
something. They say, the stuff doesn't matter. But when you're a parent of a
child with cancer, memories do matter.

"We really had a ton of pictures from things Patrick and done and things we were
trying to put together. And that's what I'm mourning," Erin said.

It's unlikely, but there is a chance the computers will show up somewhere with
those memories still intact. It's time chance favored the boy that carries its
name.

The Chances will be canvassing local pawn shops, but there's also worried their
computers could end up for sale online. They're missing an Apple MacBook Pro
(#W80079UK7XJ), Apple iPad (V5049AJ2239), and an Apple iPod touch (1B919WQV201).

Patrick wants this set so he can build it while he's in the hospital.
Unfortunately, I do not have this set--if I did, I wouldn't be posting for some
help.

Would anybody have a 10188 Death Star that they would be willing to sell for a
somewhat discounted rate for an 8 year old child with cancer in Atlanta, GA?

If so, please contact me at the above address.

Scott