 General / 55537 (-20)
  RR Donnelley to Provide Building Instructions for the LEGO® Group

Chicago, Oct. 7, 2010 RR Donnelley Awarded Multi-Year International Agreement to Provide Building Instructions by the LEGO Group Producing Materials Packaged With LEGO® Products in the Americas and Europe. (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- R. R. (...) (14 years ago, 10-Oct-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) That was a dumb question, there's only a gear on one side of the power unit, not both. I was misremembering (14 years ago, 10-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) Yep! Easiest way to verify is just to look at the ends and compare them with the midpoint. The teeth are directly opposite each other on the ends, but are off by half-a-tooth in the middle, thanks to there being an odd number on the inside and (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) OK wait, the number of teeth on the inside and outside of a curve are different? I never took a monorail power unit apart but I always figured the gearing was locked together from one side to the other. Does it have a friction clutch? (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) Alright, I just tried to measure using my scanner. I figured there would be very little optical distortion on the bed of the scanner, so it'll make a reasonably good straight-on image. Results: 32.7903 studs for the upper ramp 32.8166 studs (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) Wait, you mean you wacky Canucks use inches now? Aren't you guys supposed to be on the metric system? (...) Looks like the outside-- by my calculations, the outside ought to measure about 14.93 inches. In my previous post, I should clarify I (...) (14 years ago, 8-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a length of monorail track?

(...) This is what I did for my calculations for our layouts-- Short Track--2.5 inches reversing Switch track--5 inches Straight track--10 inches Curve track--15 inches (as measured with a measuring tape--can't remember if it was inside, center, or (...) (14 years ago, 8-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  How long is a length of monorail track?

How long is a length of monorail straight track? Easy-- 32 studs. But how long is a length of CURVED monorail track? And (the kicker), how long is a length of monorail RAMP? <GEEK LEVEL="HIGH" CATEGORY="MATH"> CURVED TRACK: For the curved track, it (...) (14 years ago, 8-Oct-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricktober at TRU

(...) Someone posted all four of these on Bricklink, and the magnet colors are as follows: Week 1, Imperial Soldier, yellow base Week 2, Cavalry Colonel, dark-bley base Week 3, Fire Chief, red base Week 4, Black Falcon, blue base As much as I would (...) (14 years ago, 6-Oct-10, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Wedding Bells

(URL) --Tony (14 years ago, 27-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: NEW LEGO Forum.

(...) ZING! That is all. JOHN (14 years ago, 23-Sep-10, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: NEW LEGO Forum.

(...) Right under the post if you use the web interface ;) Tim (14 years ago, 23-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NEW LEGO Forum.

(...) Where's the "like" button on lugnet? (14 years ago, 23-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NEW LEGO Forum.

(...) (14 years ago, 23-Sep-10, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: NEW LEGO Forum.

(...) Super. So... why not talk here? (14 years ago, 22-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  NEW LEGO Forum.

(URL) exclusive LEGO based forum! Enjoy! Look forward to talking with you! (14 years ago, 21-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: superheroes in the 8486 collectable minifigures

(...) oops! that ought to read 8684 as the set number. ..jg (14 years ago, 21-Sep-10, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  superheroes in the 8486 collectable minifigures

don't know if anybody has suggested this already but the weightlifter in the second series of collectable minifigures (8486) would make a GREAT superhero figure. just add a yellow or green cape and he's ready to go (could also make a decent (...) (14 years ago, 21-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  Your favorite person is not on Face Book!

(URL) have missed some of the BL people over the past year I have been off that site. I am now on facebook! Feel free to contact me. I have a nice lady running the facebook site, but I can still get messages! Thanks to all the past supporters, and I (...) (14 years ago, 17-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: SRW Scenic Tours: Burning the Midnight Oil

(...) That's really nice, Tony, but it leaves one wanting: wanting to see more detail of the actual MOC! I realize that it is an evening scene, but heck, and really, is there anything Photoshop can't do? I'm imagining an engineer standing in the (...) (14 years ago, 16-Sep-10, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact