 General / 55323
Re: Whats wrong with Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:06:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ludo Soete wrote:
Hi all,

Some of our club members noticed that it's no longer possible to upload to
Brickshelf.
Anyone any idea whats happening?

Thanks
Ludo

By now I think the intermittent outages and neglect have quite clearly
established that Brickshelf is not a robust and reliable service (ie, it is
dying if not already essentially dead). Unfortunate, but that's my view.

Jim

Like any websites, there will be always have problems.  Even Flickr and Mocpages
have some problems or down time.  I believe BrickShelf is still a free site, and
is manage by one person with the help of few people.  So, no BrickShelf is not
dying or dead.  A lot people use both Brickshelf and Maj.com to upload their
images.  Not just LEGO images.

Don't panic other well known LEGO fan sites get hacked or need maintenance.

-Abner