 General / 55301
    Say Hello to LEGO® Design byME LDD 3.0 —Abner Finley
   LEGO® Factory to become LEGO Design byME: The LEGO Group launch LEGO® DESIGNbyME greatly enhancing the LEGO Factory customization service. LEGO Factory will become LEGO Design byME when the all new LEGO Design byME site goes live today. The enhanced (...) (15 years ago, 13-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

        Re: Say Hello to LEGO® Design byME LDD 3.0 —Russell Clark
   I just called Customer Service and the lady says as far as she knows you can decline the instructions and box and just buy the model. Will have to try and see. Russell (...) (15 years ago, 13-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Say Hello to LEGO® Design byME LDD 3.0 —Joshua Delahunty
   This question was asked of the LDD 3 team at BrickCon. As far as I recall, we were told you'd still be charged the fee, ostensibly since LEGO Factory (Design By Me) is all hand-packed anyway (we saw a video of that process). -- joshua (...) (15 years ago, 13-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Say Hello to LEGO® Design byME LDD 3.0 —Russell Clark
   So if I design a 20 piece $3 model, I have to pay $13? What kind of nuts is that! Russell (...) (15 years ago, 13-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Say Hello to LEGO® Design byME LDD 3.0 —Ted Godwin
   (...) It would only be nuts if you proceeded with the purchase knowing what the final price would be. The only reason to use Design be Me is to have a box with your name and MOC on the front. It's a vanity product like football shirts with your name (...) (15 years ago, 15-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Say Hello to LEGO® Design byME LDD 3.0 —Russell Clark
   (...) That is a good way of looking at it... Russell (15 years ago, 16-Oct-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)