 General / 55175
Re: The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:59:33 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
   The Future of LEGO(R) CITY Lies With the People

-Polls open for excited fans to vote on proposals for expansion of LEGO CITY in 2010-

LEGO CITY (April 2, 2009) - Architects and planners of LEGO CITY are at odds over which section of the booming metropolis should be developed next. After a Town Hall meeting was held on April 1, fraught with debate and indecision, CITY officials will open the polls to let residents solve the dilemma. The future of LEGO CITY is up for vote starting Friday, April 3 at www.Toysrus.com/LEGOvote.

Parks and Rec vs. D.O.T.

This poll is interesting. Some of the options appear to be already released, or contain significant parts (sub-sets) from majors recently released, and or pending release sets. The first option shows the City Square. This set looks like the anniversary set that was released last year. The building marked toys looks like the theatre and the town hall looks like the dark green town hall with the white columns and the clock. That set also contained a bride and groom couple. The center of the fountain is a little different but is still the fountain in the existing set. The only thing missing is the older gas station.

The Third option is the Transportation hub. Recently within the past few months, I saw this same set complete but from a different angle. I remember this because the same three trucks are in the set, LEGO cargo truck, Octan tanker truck, and the existing new cargo truck. I also remember the modern LEGO Octan station with the glass windows at the top and I thought about the old angled windows from the space sets. The garage set that is scheduled to be released later this year was a part of the display I saw on-line.

The second option looks like a display that was done either in Europe or by one of the train LUG(s) here in the states. My preference, like most of would be the transportation center, especially if it included the monorail. The new Power Function (P/F) rechargeable battery and P/F motor would work great in a monorail train. The only problem is the production of new track.

I am just wondering about this poll. It seems a little dated if the first choice already exits and has been marketed as an existing set.

Clifton