 General / 54967
Re: Yes, the Monypoli game is Lego. WAS: Re: Danish translation needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:39:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Shifflett wrote:
It took a long time before I found a reference to Lego.
If you look at the back of the cards,
the pattern is really Lego in a very small font.

That's pretty neat. I've done some looking up on the game now, and it looks like
it's possibly the only board game Lego's done itself (versus things like the
"Save the Kingdom" game or the Creator game, etc, which were supposedly done
through 3rd parties).

It looks like you can translate the text pretty well using Google's translator.
It takes a while to translate the words from the image (especially since I don't
have a Danish keyboard), but here's what I got for the first two sections:

   The game's Purpose

   Young people who want driving for Automotive, the game can learn the
   necessary theory.
   People who are driving, take in interesting ways theory refreshed, and
   children can learn traffic rules.

   Rules

   The game can participate from two to six people, and a person who Engine
   Expert. Each player receives at Beginning 1 Automotive, as well as 15
   Points - 5 yellow Tiles, each of which applies Points 1, 5 and red, each of
   which applies to 2 points.
   You affix his wagon on >>START<<, and sticking a Match in the appropriate
   Wells in the car and run over by Fields, according to Dice Throw.
   You may think that you drive on a real Lane, run properly and keep only
   where permitted.

So, not quite perfect, but it may be enough to figure out the jist of the game.

DaveE