 General / 54927 (-10)
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Let's take a moment to ask, what's wrong with "Play"? Why do we get so defensive about it? None of my friends who play basketball feel the need to qualify "Play ball" with some explaination about how they "design and carryout team sports (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, if you include a margin for profit (which does seem fair), this *does* exist - it's called Pick-a-Brick, and you can do it on-line via S@H. Yes, I *know* it doesn't have all the elements, or all the colors... but it has loads more than (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) YES but LEGO wouldn't be around if they don't make some profits right? How at production cost would they survive. (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) To be honest, in my opinion there’s nothing particularly "adult" about those sets - they’re just models (albeit rather impressive models) with a high brick count and an even higher price tag. What I would really like to see, is the possibility (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) If people can't accept your hobby who cares, if they belittle you for it their not worth knowing, everybody has different habits/hobbies/interests so why be concerned with what others think if you are happy doing what you do just do it. To be (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) An excellent thought, Bob. Motivational posters are a great way to extend LEGO's respectability with adults. Imagine a poster of a wall of white 2x4 LEGO bricks, with a single gold brick in the middle, with the caption "...because you don't (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) An excellent thought, Bob. Motivational posters are a great way to extend LEGO's respectability with adults. Imagine a poster of a wall of white 2x4 LEGO bricks, with a single gold brick in the middle, with the caption "...because you don't (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) You mean like Legofan? (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) You mean like Legofan? (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Yea, I've been sent that link a few times myself and had a neighbor describe the church also (though that neighbor was also using Bricklink before I shared that I was into LEGO). I have actually not yet had anyone react badly (even cashiers in (...) (16 years ago, 16-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact