 General / 54892 (-10)
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I'm not sure that's really a fair assessment-- or, rather, the tone implies that everyone else at Lego was clueless until Jake showed them how it's done. But that's not really the case. I think it was more true that certain groups within the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) TLC is still trying to come to grips with the fact that we _do_ still collect. You'd think it would be a no-brainer. I mean, here's a company that leaves bowls of bricks out on their conference tables that you are _encouraged_ to play with (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I don't generally mention payments that the club receives for shows because our members aren't actually _paid_ to participate. We try to reimburse stuff like parking and any applicable admission costs (though we always try to make sure we get (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think it may have a lot to do with your own feelings towards others. As I read your post, I'm not sure of the tonal inflection of the person saying "you still play with LEGO?"--is the inflection one of disgust, or one of excitement? That in (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Hmm, perhaps it's the people I associate with or just something about my age but I don't usually seem to have this problem. Most times when the subject of my lego habits comes up the response is more in the "whoa sweet!" line, and maybe a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I usually just reply that I don’t "play" with LEGO - I design and build. If they can’t understand that... well, their problem... That being said, I think that TLC could do a bit more to get adults into LEGO. For example, take a look at their (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I have been asked these questions numerous times by co-workers...especially after we put an ad up on the bulletin board saying we wanted to buy used LEGO. Usually when they ask if we still play with LEGO, Stacy and I enthusiastically reply (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I usually answer something like, "Oh,yeah!" with a big grin on my face. While they are a little stunned I add something like, "I tried model railroading/shipbuilding but it was too limiting." That really seems to click a few light bulbs (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, I've been doing something for the last two year I'd like to share and I think it works because I'm sill doing it. OK, so some people have thoughts about us playing, building, being fans of, whatever of LEGO but I've found it's easy to (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) First off, I'll offer you the suggestion that the answer isn't "no", it's "yes!" Not to get all psychological, but if you answer "no", but still claim some sort of personal association with Lego, their assumption may likely be that you're (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact